Recipe Credit – Real Simple Magazine – Jane Kirby
1 1/2 pounds fresh shrimp, peeled
1/2 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
3 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 large garlic cloves, minced
4 limes, cut into quarters
8 6-inch corn tortillas
2 to 3 cups finely shredded green cabbage
green tomatillo salsa
- Heat grill to medium-high. In small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, milk, and cumin. Set aside.
- Skewer the shrimp. (If using wood skewers, soak them in water for 10 minutes beforehand.) In a small bowl, combine the butter and garlic. Brush the shrimp with the garlic butter.
- Place the shrimp on the grill with the limes. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side or until the shrimp are opaque and the limes are browned.
- Remove from grill. Lightly salt the shrimp.
- Grill the tortillas for 30 seconds on each side, then place inside a paper bag to keep warm.
- Pull the shrimp off the skewers; divide evenly among the tortillas. Top with the cabbage, sour cream sauce, tomatillo salsa, and a squeeze of grilled lime.