Grilled Shrimp with Lemon
- 1 pound large shrimp
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil for brushing shrimp
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 lemons, halved
for the Grilled Shrimp
- Preheat grill.
- Butterfly shrimp by slicing almost through lengthwise, but leave shell on shrimp (this will keep shrimp tender while grilling over high heat).
- Brush shrimp with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill 2 minutes on each side, until shells are pink and shrimp is opaque.
- Place lemons on the grill for the last minute. Remove from grill and set aside to squeeze over shrimp.