- Heat grill to medium-high. In small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, milk, and cumin. Set aside.
- Skewer the shrimp. (If using wood skewers, soak them in water for 10 minutes beforehand.) In a small bowl, combine the butter and garlic. Brush the shrimp with the garlic butter.
- Place the shrimp on the grill with the limes. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side or until the shrimp are opaque and the limes are browned.
- Remove from grill. Lightly salt the shrimp.
- Grill the tortillas for 30 seconds on each side, then place inside a paper bag to keep warm.
- Pull the shrimp off the skewers; divide evenly among the tortillas. Top with the cabbage, sour cream sauce, tomatillo salsa, and a squeeze of grilled lime.
We all love skillet cuisine, and this recipe is sure to be a favorite! Perfect for a family game night or having some friends over for movies, wine, food and laughs. Make sure you have copies of this recipe ready, because it is sure to be a hit!
Cast Iron Skillet Crab Nachos
by Diane Boyd, M.B.A., R.D., L.D.N
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients (serves 8 appetizer servings)
- 1 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 sliced greens onion, divided
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 1/2 cup low fat yogurt or low fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 1/2 ounce bag of corn tortilla chips or homemade chips
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or pepper jack cheese
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Cotija cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add olive oil and half of chopped green onion to a 10 -inch cast iron skillet.
- Place skillet in oven and heat until very hot (two to three minutes). Swirl the skillet around to evenly coat the bottom.
- Meanwhile, mix crab with yogurt, chili powder, cumin and salt.
- Remove hot skillet from oven and add tortilla chips to the bottom.
- Cover chips with crab mixture and top with salsa and cheddar or pepper jack cheese.
- Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Top with remaining green onions, radishes, and Cotija cheese. Serve hot.