Simple Citrus Vinaigrette Over Grilled Swordfish
by Shannon McCarthy
2 tbsp pineapple juice
3 tbsp fresh orange juice
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp sherry vinegar
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
6 tbsp diced bell pepper (red, yellow, or green)
1 tbsp diced jalapeño (optional)
1 scallion, minced
1 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
Cayenne pepper to taste
Salt & pepper
2 6 oz. filets of swordfish (or whatever fish you have access to)
- Whisk together the juices & vinegar. Slowly stream in olive oil, whisking until frothy.
- Stir in the diced pepper, scallion, jalapeño (if using,) cilantro and cayenne.
- Season with salt & pepper. Set aside.
- Pat the fish dry; season with salt & pepper.
- Heat canola oil on grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook the fish 2-3 minutes per side for medium doneness. If you like your fish cooked through, cook 1 minute longer on each side.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the cooked swordfish and serve more on the side if desired.