Irish Scallop Bisque
Here is a wonderful recipe for Irish Scallop Bisque.
According to beyondmeresustenance.com, a bisque is traditionally a cream and shellfish based soup of French origin. The mirepoix base in this one really bumps up the flavor, and the use of prepared shellfish stock makes this quick and easy. The author strongly recommends using an immersion blender to purée the soup as pouring hot soup into a blender is messy and can be dangerous.
Luxurious flavors abound in this creamy bisque! It’s perfect as an elegant starter course, or a light main course with bread and a salad…
If you are serving it as a starter course, use one scallop per bowl.. If you plan to serve it as a main course, the recipe author suggests 2 to 3 scallops per serving.
Recipe by Oana Iancu as published on beyondmeresustenance.com.
For more great recipes visit Alison’s Recipe Box at mottschannelseafood.com/alisons-recipe-box/
Shrimp Ratatouille with Boursin Cheese Grits
Chef Tim Thomas of Georgia won first place in the 2007 Great American Seafood Cook-Off for this wheat beer-laced shrimp ratatouille served over Boursin cheese grits.For more great recipes visit Alison’s Recipe Box at mottschannelseafood.com/alisons-recipe-box/.
New Orleans Barbecue Shrimp
Enjoy this delicious dish inspired by New Orleans cooking. Recipe courtesy of Southern Living Magazine. Choose fresh, local shrimp to ensure the best flavor. For more great recipes visit Alison’s Recipe Box at mottschannelseafood.com/alisons-recipe-box/.
Quick Shrimp Chowder
This shrimp chowder offers a fast, easy and delicious meal idea that can refuel all you tired shoppers. Comfort food at its finest!
Recipe published by Cooking Light. Photo Credit: John Autry; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
If you are looking for delicious new recipes for your fresh fish or seafood purchase, look no further than Alison Long, co-owner of Motts Channel Seafood. She’s opened up her multi-generation recipe box, and has partnered with local culinary experts, to bring you some dinner inspiration.
Got a recipe you’d like to share? Click here to email your recipes and we may add it to Alison’s Recipe Box!
“Sea” more great fish and seafood recipes in Alison’s Recipe Box by clicking here.
Pan Seared Scallops with Cilantro-Celery Mayonnaise
Pan Seared Scallops with cilantro-celery mayonnaise is a fast, easy and delicious meal idea. Scallops cook quickly. When done, they should feel soft and resilient to the touch. They should also flake easily when tested with a fork and appear moist inside.
Clean, sweet and tasting of the ocean, scallops are considered a seafood delicacy by many people. Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and relatively low in calories, they are an incredibly healthy source of protein.
Visit Alison’s Recipe box for more great fresh fish and seafood ideas.
Trust the experts at Motts Channel Seafood to offer the freshest fish and seafood for your next great meal. We are open seven days a week!
Recipe Credit: Myrecipes.com. Image Credit: Randy Mayor
Cioppino is San Francisco’s signature dish, but seafood lovers everywhere will keep this recipe close to their hearts.
Recipe Credit: Recipe courtesy of Coastal Living Photo Credits: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Ginny Branch
Seared Tuna with Field Greens, Asparagus, and Sunflower Seeds
Ingredients (serves 4)
For the grilled tuna
- 4 tuna steaks (4 ounces each, about ¾-inch thick)
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
for the salad
- 2 cups mesclun
- 1 pound asparagus, washed and trimmed
- 2 hard cooked eggs, halved
- 2 Tablespoons raw sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ground pepper, to taste
for the dressing
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon pear infused white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
for grilled asparagus
- Preheat grill.
- Lightly coat asparagus spears with oil. Sprinkle with sea salt. Brush tuna with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill tuna for 2 to 2 ½ minutes per side. (The center should be raw.) Allow fish to rest while grilling asparagus for approximately 5 minutes. During grilling, roll spears 1/4 turn every minute to ensure even cooking.
- Remove from grill and set aside.
for salad dressing
Add ingredients for dressing together in a small bowl and set aside.
In a large bowl add mesclun. Whisk salad dressing to combine and drizzle over greens. Toss well. Add grilled asparagus and hard cooked eggs. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and freshly ground pepper. Top with tuna.
We all love skillet cuisine, and this recipe is sure to be a favorite! Perfect for a family game night or having some friends over for movies, wine, food and laughs. Make sure you have copies of this recipe ready, because it is sure to be a hit!
Cast Iron Skillet Crab Nachos
by Diane Boyd, M.B.A., R.D., L.D.N
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients (serves 8 appetizer servings)
- 1 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 sliced greens onion, divided
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 1/2 cup low fat yogurt or low fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 1/2 ounce bag of corn tortilla chips or homemade chips
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or pepper jack cheese
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Cotija cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add olive oil and half of chopped green onion to a 10 -inch cast iron skillet.
- Place skillet in oven and heat until very hot (two to three minutes). Swirl the skillet around to evenly coat the bottom.
- Meanwhile, mix crab with yogurt, chili powder, cumin and salt.
- Remove hot skillet from oven and add tortilla chips to the bottom.
- Cover chips with crab mixture and top with salsa and cheddar or pepper jack cheese.
- Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Top with remaining green onions, radishes, and Cotija cheese. Serve hot.