Use corn, mango and a touch of lime for a deliciously refreshing combination that pairs well white fish or shrimp.
Roasted Corn, Black Bean and Mango Salad
by Diane Boyd
(makes 8 cups)
- 1 Tablespoon Canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (about 4- 5 ears)
- 2 cups diced peeled ripe mango
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- juice from 3 limes (about 6 Tablespoons)
- 1-3 Tablespoons of fresh cilantro, chopped (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans black beans (15 oz.), rinsed and drained
Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in corn and cook 8 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Place corn mixture into a large bowl. Add mango and remaining ingredients. Stir well. Refrigerate until serving.