Seared Tuna with Field Greens, Asparagus, and Sunflower Seeds
Ingredients (serves 4)
For the grilled tuna
- 4 tuna steaks (4 ounces each, about ¾-inch thick)
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
for the salad
- 2 cups mesclun
- 1 pound asparagus, washed and trimmed
- 2 hard cooked eggs, halved
- 2 Tablespoons raw sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ground pepper, to taste
for the dressing
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon pear infused white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
for grilled asparagus
- Preheat grill.
- Lightly coat asparagus spears with oil. Sprinkle with sea salt. Brush tuna with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill tuna for 2 to 2 ½ minutes per side. (The center should be raw.) Allow fish to rest while grilling asparagus for approximately 5 minutes. During grilling, roll spears 1/4 turn every minute to ensure even cooking.
- Remove from grill and set aside.
for salad dressing
Add ingredients for dressing together in a small bowl and set aside.
In a large bowl add mesclun. Whisk salad dressing to combine and drizzle over greens. Toss well. Add grilled asparagus and hard cooked eggs. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and freshly ground pepper. Top with tuna.